You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Silver Dollars : 8564
Kudos : 143

Sonic the Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Sonic the Hedgehog   Sonic the Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 pm

One of the most well-known franchises in the world. It was one of the first games I ever owned (My father bought me a Sega Genesis when I was 4, complete with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Mortal Kombat....yes Mortal Kombat lol). These games are just so good. If you've never played a 2D Sonic the hedgehog game, you're missing out. I'd play a Sonic game over a Mario game any day (And I love Mario too, Obviously! haha). There's Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD, and Sonic & Knuckles. Sonic 2 is probably the best to start out with though. Sonic 1 is kind of difficult (no spindash), but Sonic two has it, and transitions to Sonic 3 easier (not to mention it has tails =D). If you play Sonic 3 you MUST play it plugged into Sonic & Knuckles. The games are incomplete without eachother (literally). When Sonic 3 was made, the developers were running out of time on production, so instead of pushing back the release, they released half the game in Sonic 3. Then months later, they released the other half as Sonic & Knuckles. Yes, these two games combined, are twice as big as Sonic 1 and 2. More levels, and 3 characters to choose from! The addition of the alternate path of Knuckles is a welcome one >=).

Also in Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and in Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles, you can have a second player co-op as tails (if player 1 is Sonic). This is actually really fun, and can set up some hilarious moments when Tails goes flying off the screen.

The Dreamcast games are almost as good. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 are two really good games. Their only super duper flaw is the camera angles, but even then, they still aren't that bad. In Sonic Adventure 1 you get your choice of 5 character story lines that all have different game plays, it's a blast. In Sonic Adventure 2 you have 2 teams (Light and Dark). Each side has three characters that you alternate between that have different play styles again. This also gets rid of the two play styles from the previous game that were boring. When playing the Dreamcast games, just avoid "Sonic Shuffle" and you'll be okay.

The recent games have just been bad though (aside from the handhelds like the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush series). Sonic the Hedgehog (the 360 and PS3 game) was just awful. As was Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Sonic and the Black Knight. Terrible terrible terrible games. Sonic Unleashed brought back some 2D elements in "Day mode" but the "night mode" as a "werehog" was retarded.

Hopefully with the new release of Sonic the Hedgehog 4, I will be at peace lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookiemobsters.com
aHERDofGNOMES
Admin
Admin
aHERDofGNOMES

Silver Dollars : 5701
Kudos : 20

Sonic the Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog   Sonic the Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:33 pm

I was never that into sonic but I did like watching my friend play sonic adventure battle (2?) (the one with the chao chaos). I'll probably download sonic 2 onto my comp and try it out. hehehe super mario bros rom hacks r fun but I am probably one of the worst mario players on the planet as stated by my friend XD O well its still fun. Especially when you use save states (rewind a few second when u die)
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Sonic the Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog   Sonic the Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Yeah Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is the GameCube version of Sonic Adventure 2. It has some added gimicks, but the controls aren't as good as the original. Both Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 have Chaos lol.

You should download a rom. Or if you have a Wii, you could hack it and install a Virtual Console wad for free =) lol.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

Silver Dollars : 6392
Kudos : 144

Sonic the Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog   Sonic the Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 am

I got Sonic Rush for DS and.......don't get it at all. Haha. I keep dying! It's so fast! It makes me dizzy. And this is supposed to be one of the greatest modern Sonic games?

I might trade this into GameStop in a few months....
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Sonic the Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog   Sonic the Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am

Haha I wouldn't say "the greatest", more like a step in the right direction lol. I have Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure. They're akin to old school sonic, but some added gimicks make it suck (such as stylus control, dual screen, special moves). It's still nothing when compared to the console titles >.<

Oh and trade it in now Vin. Gamestop has a 50% bonus credit deal going on right now. (and 10% more if you have a member card).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sonic the Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog   Sonic the Hedgehog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic the Hedgehog
Page 1 of 1