You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Silver Dollars : 8536
Kudos : 143

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage Empty
PostSubject: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Okay so I'm a long time Sonic fan. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was one of the first two video games I ever owned, I own the entire Sega Genesis collection for my Genesis, and I own the Dreamcast games as well. But he hasn't looked so good in his recent 3rd party games or wii games. Well it was announced that a new 2D project was in the works for PSN, WiiWare, and XBL and turns out it's Sonic 4 (I think you can view the latest trailer at Sonic4.com or something like that). Recently it was leaked that it's going to be on the iPhone too and I just came across this video on Destructoid.

http://www.destructoid.com/leaked-sonic-4-footage-confirms-it-s-a-sonic-game-163943.phtml

The game is titled Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I. So I guess this means even more to come =). Glad to see Sonic going back to his better 2D roots. But I think if the developers just went back to the physics from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 from the Dreamcast, the 3D games wouldn't be such shit. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookiemobsters.com
CyberMoogle13
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
CyberMoogle13

Silver Dollars : 5270
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 pm

I've been VERY disappointed with Sonic lately for his crappy games. The original Sonic series and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were awesome, but the series went downhill with cheap spin-offs (Sonic the Hedgehog released on the PS3/XBOX 360 is the worst game I've ever played.), Sonic trying to do weird sports/racing (You don't need a hoverboard if you can run at the speed of sound!), and the damn annoying animals that Sega keeps adding in every game! Anyways, I'm hoping that this game breathes new life into the series and make people experience what the series SHOULD be like. If it's a bust I'll most likely never play the series ever again. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Man, I remember when I was like, 4, sitting down and watching Sonic with my bro. I don't even know how twisted Sonic's become, but I will have no part in it >;p
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah Cyber I'm pretty much riding on this one too haha. I never played any of the games after Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. I had heard they were all even worse (and I certainly didn't want anymore of what I experienced in those two games lol). I did play a demo for Sonic the Hedgehog and a demo for Unleashed. So I kind of know what they're like, I think that's all I needed to play really lol. Sonic Heroes was just so dumb though. I didn't understand why they didn't keep the same system that Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 had. Oh well lol.
Back to top Go down
CyberMoogle13
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
CyberMoogle13

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:05 pm

I think Sega was trying to build an empire that Mario has in gaming. He does everything and almost every game is a best seller! Sega tried to do this way too fast and made a lot of crappy games and too big of a cast of characters for people to care about or even remember. I also think they attempted to change things up by adding different elements to their games like the werehog and was lazy to think about gameplay. Now they need to focus on what originally made Sonic awesome by just having it be just a Sonic Vs. Eggman game. Then they should slowly start adding characters back that people know like Tails and Knuckles and maybe attempt sports and other crap for Sonic to do.
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Well Sonic 4 is Sonic and Robotnik (yeah I don't like "eggman") only. And I agree. Sonic Shuffle was purely a Mario Party rip off that failed. The Sonic racing games have all sucked which is just a mystery to me (I liked Sonic R when I was a kid for the Sega Saturn and PC, but now that I'm older I realize it's crap). And the Sega Allstar games haven't been too good so far. We'll see how this new kart game turns out though.
Back to top Go down
CyberMoogle13
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
CyberMoogle13

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I know that Sonic 4 is a Sonic Vs. Eggman (don't like "Dr. Robotnik" Smile ), I meant that they need to keep it that way and make more games like it. The only thing I can complain about Sonic 4 is that they broke it up into episodes than release the whole game. I've been playing the demo for Sonic and Sega All-Stars racing and I think it's OK. Right now it feels like a clone of Mario Kart with nothing new added in. Most likely won't get for PS3 because they don't get any exclusives like driving as your Mii for the Wii or driving as Banjo for the XBOX 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Yeah I'm just gunna get the wii version (I get mah wii games free mwahaha). And yeah, from what we can determine from the leaked footage there are at least 5 levels with 2-3 acts a piece just in Episode I. So it's at least as big as Sonic 1, just as one episode. Paying for 5 episodes at 10 bucks a piece could be annoying though. But thankfully I get my wiiware games free too though, so it won't be an issue haha.
Back to top Go down
CyberMoogle13
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
CyberMoogle13

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Nice. I'm probably going buy this for my PS3 if it has trophies and will probably look a little more smoother than on my Wii. Well since they aren't going to release them all at once I don't have to worry about scrambling for $50.00 just to get it. They also said that they might be bringing back some of the bosses from past games in the series and improving them just for this game. Mecha/Metal Sonic is probably confirmed to be in this game if Sega isn't going to create a whole new set of bosses.
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Probably, if you look at the stage names, they're all rip offs of old stages lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 leaked footage
Page 1 of 1