You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Silver Dollars : 8564
Kudos : 143

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added Empty
PostSubject: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 pm

So I just got this game (Wii version) and it is excellent.

You get your choice of at least 20 different racers (I believe 7 of which are from the Sonic franchise) and it's good ole' kart racing goodness. A lot of reviews going around are saying it's the best kart racer on the PS3 and 360 but on the DS and Wii you're better off getting Mario Kart. While I agree, Mario Kart DS is an excellent game (I'm gunna get Sega Allstars on DS too, just haven't downloaded it yet) the Wii version isn't too great.

Mario Kart Wii has a TERRIBLE rubberband effect, you can't hold onto 1st for very long in that game. The online community is full of hackers, and the worst part is NO FREE FOR ALL BATTLE MODE. The free for all battle mode is my favorite part of Mario Kart, but the terd fergusons took it out! Instead you get this stupid 12 player team battle mode. And yes it's ALWAYS teams, and since you can't have more than 4 people playing at a time there is ALWAYS computers. You can take it online, but online you can only have 2 console players, and you can't choose which battle mode you want. It alternates between coin battle and balloon (both are fun, but different, I prefer balloon). So it has many flaws that can't be over looked.

Sonic and Sega All Stars has only single player online and only racing online. That sucks, BUT it has 4 player FREE FOR ALL battle mode. The controls are nearly identical to Mario Kart Wii, and they let you use 3 of the 4 control setups that Mario Kart does. You can also still play as your wonderful Mii. Oh, did I mention that the items are the same? MINUS THE RUBBERBAND ITEMS???!?!?! You can actually hold on to first the WHOLE RACE, imagine that? lol.

IMHO Sonic and Sega All Stars out does Mario Kart Wii by a long shot. Sure it's missing some nice things that Mario Kart has, but it does what I like, and it does it better. If you want a kart racer for the Wii, you can pick between this or Mario Kart, but I'm picking this. If you want a racer on the 360 definitely get this. On the PS3? We'll have to wait and see how they improve on Modnation Racers haha (I played the beta, it was awfully gimicky, the customizeable part of it was awesome, the gameplay was ass).

Oh, did I mention the graphics are better too? And Sonic is way cooler than Mario? And....

*edit*

I added a video review of this game to my youtube channel, check it out if you want =P.

Last edited by Italian_Boy1Up on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookiemobsters.com
peacelovesunny
God
God
peacelovesunny

Silver Dollars : 6004
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:54 pm

I bought that sega game for ps3 and it was rad it was ALL of the sega games haha =]
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Haha well they left out some good ones like Toe Jam and Earl, Golden Axe, to name a few. But yeah I'm loving it =). On the 360 they included Banjo Kazooie >=3
Back to top Go down
peacelovesunny
God
God
peacelovesunny

Silver Dollars : 6004
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:47 pm

they had golden axe... at least im pretty sure they did
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:52 pm

Not in All Stars racing, they did in All Stars Tennis though XD
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Added a video review to the original post =P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooDNnwXleQ&feature=related
Back to top Go down
AppleVee
Squire
Squire
AppleVee

Silver Dollars : 5143
Kudos : 1

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am

Banjo kazooie is an awesome game XD
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 am

Haha I never owned it, but two of my friends had the first and second ones. My one buddy that had it LOVED the game, he was totally obessed, he's a big Nintendo and Sony fan like me though, so whenever Rare went to Microsoft and took Banjo Kazooie, he was pissed haha. I still remember playing banjo tooie at his house at parties in middle school. We always played the fps game, it was pretty fuckin sweet (better than the shooter game on DK64 at least).

From what I did play when I rented it, it reminded me a lot of DK64 (a great game by the way). I'll probably never get around to playing it through though haha. And where the hell is Banjo Threeie? They mentioned it at the end of tooie XD. Nuts and Bolts was shit apparently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added   Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing *Update* Video Review added
Page 1 of 1