You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Filming our first music video!

Go down 
+2
Italian_Boy1Up
VinHikaru
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 am

I can be there until I get kicked off for Greys Anatomy lol. Mayb after I can hop back on.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

Silver Dollars : 6411
Kudos : 144

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:50 am

Okay guys, let's try again please! Since tonight is a busy night for many of us and short notice, I'd like to try again TOMORROW, SUNDAY MARCH 7th. I don't want to cut into any more practice time because I know the Brocs match is coming up and I want us to do well.

PLEASE RSVP IF YOU CAN MAKE TOMORROW, WITH A TIME RANGE. I'm voting for 8pm EST-10pm EST.

I'll create a game that's big enough just for everyone, meaning we'll be on two teams. This was actually the only time we really got stuff done.....the other times we were trying to ward off random bots and enemies. I'll try to coordinate better, possibly with my laptop.

I'll post "choreography details" and stuff later today. Razz Thanks for everyone's help!
Back to top Go down
peacelovesunny
God
God
peacelovesunny

Silver Dollars : 6023
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:37 am

I can be there vin =]
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Silver Dollars : 8583
Kudos : 143

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:02 am

That sounds good to me, I should be there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookiemobsters.com
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 am

Choreography for opening scene -

This is pretty simple. Everyone pose around the Princess on her throne as your favorite class the way we did yesterday, except NOBODY MOVE (that means no cheap shots at lakers, Jon-Erik Razz) Feel free to charge your AOE or attack, ignite your arrows or swords on fire, etc. But for the love of God, PLEASE just hold that charge and don't attack anyone or run amuck. Please try to align yourselves symmetrically, with red and blue people equally dispersed around the throne.

I'm going to zoom in very slowly for 25 seconds or so (to cut down to 13 seconds of useable footage). I know this sounds short, but 25 seconds is actually an eternity in game time. It takes less than 7 seconds to cross most maps.

Ideally, I'll hide behind the throne so the camera is centered on the Princess. However, when I tried this yesterday, the Princess turned around in her throne to face me (with her back to the camera). >_< I don't know if she only does this in Snatch n' Grab, only to the host, or whenever she feels like it. If she keeps turning around, I'll instead stand in front of the throne (but not blocking her).

Different dance formations -

Note: These are not sequential steps in one big dance, but different formations in which to do a dance. More details below. Smile

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 001-1

Ok, don't get scared. I'll refer to the dance formations as....

A = 3-person V

B = 5-person V

C = 5-person cross

D = 6-people

E = 7-people

There will never be a 6 or 7-person V, because I'm pretty sure that won't fit into the camera's range. Razz Dancing in sync can be a bitch, so we'll rarely use (if ever) the 6 or 7-person formations. It may be easier to keep doing 3 or 5 person formations, and have people switch out so everyone gets a chance to show their dance moves.

In these dance formations, I'd like us to do the following:

- Villagers facing forward, strafing side to side in sync, Left, right, left right, to the beat (1, 2....1, 2). We can also strafe for longer, going "Left!" (2, 3, 4) then "Right!" (2, 3, 4) to the beat. I'm counting on whoever's not on the same team as I am to just go with the flow and see what other people are doing, and try to sync with us.

- Villagers carrying cake and spinning on the spot.

- Workers carrying shiny metal and spinning on the spot.

I know I put myself in the middle of all of these formations, but I swear it's not an ego thing. Since I'm recording, I put myself in the middle so the camera is focused on the middle of the dance formation.

Places we can dance -

I think the following places, which I circled in various colors, would be good wide-open spaces to dance. On Sugar Cove, where I circled the narrow strip of sand that's sometimes underwater, we'll obviously be dancing when the tide is low and probably only with 3 people at a time (myself included). Dancing underwater would be cool, but I don't think it would work.

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 CocoCliffsDanceClub

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 HotSauceDanceClub

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 NewPorkDanceClub

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 SugarCoveDanceClub

New Pork Fountain Dance -

Filming our first music video! - Page 2 003-1

I'll hide behind the fountain to center the camera. Four people at a time, with one person in each corner of the fountain, will stand on the ledge and strafe across a section of the fountain's edge while facing the camera.

Person A starts in the top left and strafes right, Person B starts at the top right and strafes down, etc. I can count us off to the beat - strafe slowly so you cross a section for every 4 beats. When I count "One," start strafing....when I count "Four" you should reach the end of your section of the ledge. I'll demonstrate in game so it makes more sense. Razz

Notice that there are two diagrams. We'll strafe back and forth this way. The red team will start out strafing to clockwise, as pictured. The blue team will strafe COUNTER-clockwise, so they'll move in the direction of the bottom diagram and, once they reach the end of their section, go back in clockwise fashion.

More choreography details to come!

Last edited by VinHikaru on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:07 am

Maybe it was just for you, I don't recall her turning around at all.
Back to top Go down
peacelovesunny
God
God
peacelovesunny

Silver Dollars : 6023
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 am

So I was thinking about how we were moonwalkign last night together and maybe have pairs and have 2 people moonwalking one way and 2 people going the other way and have them moonwalk in and out. Know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 am

We have Peace, Italian, and me. Can anyone else come? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 am

I should be able to come! I take it we're not doing the Olympics then? Razz
Back to top Go down
aHERDofGNOMES
Admin
Admin
aHERDofGNOMES

Silver Dollars : 5720
Kudos : 20

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WwO8UA901I

Lets make it like this but better.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Hahaha nice.

Let's concentrate on the B Crew match, and after that I'll be out of town until Thursday (actually starting Saturday night, so I won't be in the clan match) but maybe after all of THAT we can film this. Smile

Can we try not to plan a clan match for the following weekend, or is it too late?
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 am

There's been some confusion as to when we're actually going to do stuff, so here's what I had in mind. If anyone wants to change this, let me know!

THURSDAY PRACTICE - enjoying the new maps in the patch and adjusting Warrior and Ice Mage strategies

TOMORROW, FRIDAY PRACTICE, 9pm EST - Filming the music video!!
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:13 am

I may not be able to come Friday. I'll either be at a friends place or I'll be enjoying the new DLC in MAG XD lol. But we'll see =)
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:50 pm

I didn't know there was a reverse TDM today, and it looks like a lot of MOBsters are in it. But if we have enough people, we can film tonight! I'll be on. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:36 pm

What? I thought that was Saturday? O_o
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

We're filming this Saturday, 10pm EST! Please try to come and let us know if you can make it under Clan Practices! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filming our first music video!   Filming our first music video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filming our first music video!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2