You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.

You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Share | 

The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VinHikaru
God
God

Silver Dollars : 4044
Kudos : 144

PostSubject: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:03 pm

First, go see this movie. It's hand-drawn animation, it rocks, and it's the first good Disney animated movie in years (not counting Pixar's stuff).

That said, I was watching a YouTube video where an interviewer asks little girls some questions about their thoughts on the movie. Highlights, and a link to the video, are as follows:

Interviewer: "Who's your favorite character in the movie?"
Girl: "The frog."
Interviewer: ".....the guy frog or the girl frog?"
Girl: "The guy frog."

Interviewer: "So you guys saw the movie, now who's your favorite Princess?"
The little girls say Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ariel, Ariel, Cinderella, Cinderella, Pocahontas (?!), Belle, Snow White, and ONE girl said Tiana! (head DESK!) What's sad is that even the black girls said Cinderella was their favorite Princess......

Interviewer: "Did you learn any lessons from the movie?"
Girl 1: "Not really."
Girl 2: "Don't mess with magic."
Girl 3: "I learned that Princesses are very beautiful."

I gotta give props to one girl who was clearly the smartest of the bunch. She's the black girl who said Tiana was her favorite Princess and described her as "hard-working" while the dum-dums just said she was "pretty."

Heh heh heh.....so those are the highlights of the video! If you want to see for yourself, skip to about the mid-point (they put in a random commercial half-way into the video and the interviews start after the break):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAz9pr7wDGg&feature=related
Back to top Go down
aHERDofGNOMES
Admin
Admin

Silver Dollars : 3353
Kudos : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:35 am

good stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 am

VIN YOU FORGOT. THEY'RE KIDS THEY'RE DUMB. lol

But seriously, when I saw the ads for it, I was like "Is this Disney trying to convince everyone that they're not rascist anymore?"
Back to top Go down
Luminae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Silver Dollars : 2939
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Lol, Vin they're little kids sheesh. Leave them alone =P

I'm black and I LOVE Disney (classical animation studios and pixar, not the BS like Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers). Soo with all the controversy surrounding the movie (people complaining about the prince not being black, her only being a princess/human for like 4 minutes) I was happy when I saw that interview with the little kids. They don't see the issues adults do, they just enjoyed the film and the fact that there's a new princess in town.

So I missed it in theaters, but I watched a fantastic copy of it online (cough anyone want the link I'll send it your way) about 5 times now. I love love love love this movie, Tiana was great, the prince was adorable as a frog and a human and the villian was nothing less than I'd expect in a princess movie. Cool and evil xD I still think Hades was the best villian ever though lol. Oh, and great songs as usual too.

I almost typed a bunch of spoilers just now, I stopped myself mid rant lmao.

Anyway, it brings back the magic of hand drawn animation and the fantasy world where your dreams come true if you wish upon a star and let's little kids believe that they can become princesses if they kiss frog princes. I adore this movie. Go watch it. Now. I'll be getting the DVD to watch a zillion more times come March.

-snuggles P&F watch that her grandma got her- >.>
Back to top Go down
peacelovesunny
God
God

Silver Dollars : 3656
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 am

lmao BB "THEY'RE KIDS THEY'RE DUMB" youd make an awesome parent one day hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Nick
Warlord
Warlord

Silver Dollars : 3013
Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Lol, kids are dumb xD
Back to top Go down
peacelovesunny
God
God

Silver Dollars : 3656
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:56 pm

lmao oh myyyy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls   

Back to top Go down

The Princess and the Frog's impact on little girls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1