You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.

You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Share | 

Mic Etiquette

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Okay, so I know a lot of us love to talk all the time *cough* >_> but we're going to start taking matches AND practices more seriously, especially pre-match practices.

This means only talking when necessary. We want to keep the mic area clear for when someone has something important to say, and to allow the leaders to lead.

This doesn't mean you're not allowed to talk if you're not leading, that would be dumb haha. Just make sure that if you say something, that it's important...for example, if you know that you're not going to be able to hold off that big group that's coming, ask for help! Even if you're unsure, it's better to be safe than sorry. Examples of important things to say:

- Need help on defence
- Need wood for doors
- Asking if we're upgrading worker/catapult (NOT asking what upgrades we want, generally speaking we want priest - mage - warrior - ranger)
- They're taking our outpost
- I'm taking their outpost
- Their doors/well/cage is open
- I am going for the princess / I have the princess
- I am going top/bottom with the princess

Last edited by bblowup on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowguy542
Warlord
Warlord

Silver Dollars : 2978
Kudos : 2

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:31 pm

bblowup wrote:
Okay, so I know a lot of us love to talk all the time *cough* >_> but we're going to start taking matches AND practices more seriously, especially pre-match practices.

This means only talking when necessary. We want to keep the mic area clear for when someone has something important to say, and to allow the leaders to lead.

This doesn't mean you're not allowed to talk if you're not leading, that would be dumb haha. Just make sure that if you say something, that it's important...for example, if you know that you're not going to be able to hold off that big group that's coming, ask for help! Even if you're unsure, it's better to be safe than sorry. Examples of important things to say:

- Need help on defence
- Need wood for doors
- Asking if we're upgrading worker/catapult (NOT asking what upgrades we want, generally speaking we want priest - mage - warrior - ranger)
- They're taking our outpost
- I'm taking their outpost
- Their doors/well/cage is open

Okay I will never talk again =] lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Lmfao you can talk, but you have to limit it to short phrases xDD and if you don't talk at practice, you have to talk NON STOP during the inbetween minutes hahaa
Back to top Go down
Shadowguy542
Warlord
Warlord

Silver Dollars : 2978

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:55 pm

bblowup wrote:
Lmfao you can talk, but you have to limit it to short phrases xDD and if you don't talk at practice, you have to talk NON STOP during the inbetween minutes hahaa

=P
Back to top Go down
xEzekielHaruno
Private
Private

Silver Dollars : 2857
Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Awww! I hope we Jokers don't decide to do this. I'm a chatterbox! Last night, Beautiful, Viz, BIOYA, Claudia, Final, yinGz, Redskyy, and I talked about EVERYTHING from Mormons to Space Channel 5 to band class to Snuggies! Razz

Anyway, I'll miss talking to you bb Sad
Back to top Go down
bunnytracks
Planet Ruler
Planet Ruler

Silver Dollars : 3197
Kudos : 14

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:40 pm

lmao. but your nothing without your voice BB. Sad i am kidding. i <3 my BB.
i'll miss your voice. and i'll def shut up during practice from now on. haa

but you should add the really obvious one : I HAVE THE PRINCESSS HELP on there. or THE PRINCESS IS GOING BOTTOM/TOP
Back to top Go down
linzaka
General
General

Silver Dollars : 2958

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Thank for making this thread! xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 pm

kudos women Smile
Back to top Go down
theresabby
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Silver Dollars : 2939
Kudos : 1

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:15 pm

amen BeeBs
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God

Silver Dollars : 4044
Kudos : 144

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm

I agree with this, BUT I do think we should have practices where we can still talk and joke around. I guess it depends if we have a clan match coming up soon, how serious our practice is, etc etc.

Let's make one thing clear - I don't want to stop hearing BB saying "bullocks!" Razz

Don't forget the important thing is to have fun and try your best. Winning isn't everything. Also, the tooth fairy is real and humanity is inherently good. HAR HAR HAR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:53 am

Haha thanks Bunny, I updated the thread! I think it's important to only say these things when you stand a chance of getting out of there haha

Don't worry guys, I won't stop talking xD It'll just be a little more serious during practice. And I totally agree with Vin, I LOVE our just-for-fun practices...I'd like it if we could have more of a meet-up-and-play kind of practice once a week or once a fortnight.
Back to top Go down
simar10
Squire
Squire

Silver Dollars : 2875
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:16 am

I totally agree on the chitchat going on in official clanmatches. There is no need to talk about anything non match related. Good call BB!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 am

Claudia should talk more... whenever she says something it seems like a good thing to be said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 pm

I just wanted to bump this because at times, it was really hard for me to hear anyone in the last clan match. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mic Etiquette   

Back to top Go down

Mic Etiquette
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1