You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

The Exercise Thread

Go down 
+10
johnathondrag
xEzekielHaruno
Nick
Differentiate
Tubbay-Tubbay23
aHERDofGNOMES
Italian_Boy1Up
bunnytracks
peacelovesunny
VinHikaru
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

Silver Dollars : 6385
Kudos : 144

The Exercise Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:24 am

Yay Swim! And thanks for posting in the thread.

I actually got sick on Saturday (when we had our clan match, actually, but I didn't tell anyone Razz ) so I haven't exercised since Friday. But it's exciting, because I "bought for free" a new workout program by the people who made P90X.

It's called "Insanity" and is in all the infomercials now, haha. It's a bunch of intense cardio, which I need. It's also good because I was getting used to (and bored with) P90X.

I might try it out today!
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

Silver Dollars : 5310
Kudos : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:27 am

I had a really busy weekend in the garden and playing AC2, so I haven't been swimming. What's this "Insanity" like? Can you give some examples?
Back to top Go down
http://www.OpenWaterSwim.com/
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:59 am

It's a lot of cardio, like plyometrics and fast moves and push ups, etc.

Here's a commercial to give you an idea, haha:

I don't think I can magically morph into a superhero body in 60 days because the work outs look really intense, but the moves are true exercises and it looks like the trainer pushes you to keep going. That's one thing I really liked about P90X - where I would normally take a break, the videos somehow keep me motivated.
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:37 pm

I used to be at or below 6% bodyfat. Unfortunately, I am not able to swim in cold water with my bodyfat that low. Looks like a great workout, though.
Back to top Go down
delete
Count
Count

Silver Dollars : 5361
Kudos : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:27 am

Did workout Monday and doing it today as well. Next week I'm going to add more weights as I'm able to get to the 20th squat fairly easily now. Didn't feel sick or anything but for some reason I felt like I was losing my hearing after the workout.

Puking, nausea, hearing loss... it's all good.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't posted in the past few days because I've been busy, etc but today I got back to it with some plyometrics which was really good. I plan to do abs tonight.

This weekend I'll be out of town, so I won't be able to work out or update, but I've been eating fairly healthy ever since I started the thread and am still in better shape than I was a few months ago, so that's good. Razz

Also, chaos, maybe you should take it easy on those workouts, haha. Puking is bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:17 am

Awhh yay Vin!

ALSO CHAOS MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME FRICKIN' SLEEP. Go to bed Razz
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Hey sexy people,

Today I got back to my work out schedule with a half hour of shoulders and arms. I really did tire out after half an hour and couldn't lift anymore. I may do the second half hour of the workout tomorrow or move on to something else.

I also got back to Ab Ripper X (350 ab and core exercises) and....wow. It's really hard, haha.

While I was in Kansas City, I did have to eat fast food a few times for convenience but I'm surprised it didn't have as bad an effect on my figure as I thought it would. I think P90X really pushed me over a threshold where I'm good for awhile. Now I just got to keep pushing until I'm "Men's Health" cover-worthy!
Back to top Go down
aHERDofGNOMES
Admin
Admin
aHERDofGNOMES

Silver Dollars : 5694
Kudos : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:48 pm

lol I went swimming today. First time I got exercise since......since....ummmm
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 am

Last night was the first season session for Open Water Swim training. As soon as I dove into the water, I remembered why I love the sport so much. There's a freedom in the open water that you can't get in a pool with the walls and lane ropes. Instead I saw huge green trees on the far shore of the lake and the sun shining down on the sparkling water.

I swam about 3 miles in 1 hour 18 minutes. I was sore, but felt great after my swim. Swimming a 5k every Tuesday and Thursday is going to melt the pounds off me. I can already feel it. I just do not want to get too skinny and ripped or Vin won't be able to catch up.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:38 pm

HAHA! Bring it on, Swim!

Herd! Thanks for posting! Keep up the good work!

Today I went jogging in my neighborhood. It was a great change of pace, since I do P90X in my basement, and I got to work on a tan while I was exercising. Razz

I also did some ab/core work.
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:09 am

My biceps and triceps were really sore from my first open water swim of the season, but after seeing how much I weigh, I decided to go to the pool again last night. I struggled to swim 1050 yards (21 laps) and swam pretty slow (44.19 second 50 yard split), but at least got in a little more swim time.

Tonight, I'm back in the open water to try for a full 5K (3.1 miles). I'll let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Jog and tan today! I'm thinking Kenpo X (a bit of boxing) or Yoga X tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
xEzekielHaruno
Private
Private
xEzekielHaruno

Silver Dollars : 5198
Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 am

Yesterday, I threw my iPod by accident. I had to walk all the way to the other side of the room to retrieve it.

Then, my earphones were tangled. Such a workout UNtangling them...

I think that's good enough for the week.
Back to top Go down
bunnytracks
Planet Ruler
Planet Ruler
bunnytracks

Silver Dollars : 5538
Kudos : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:37 am

Zeke you have the most intense workouts. <2
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:55 am

I planned to get to the lake at 6:00 pm so I could get in a full 5K swim. I left work early and when I arrived at my car (it's about a 10 minute walk through the building to get to my car) I found that I had my swimsuit, towel and sandals, but no swim bag. It wouldn't be a big deal except that would mean I would be swimming without goggles. I can't swim without goggles

That means I had to drive 30 minutes home and then 45 minutes to the lake since it's on the other side of the city. With all that, I was still only 20 minutes late.

My biceps and triceps were sore, but I didn't let that deter me from swimming as far as I could with the time I had. Here are some stats from my swim last night.

Total Distance: 4200 meters (21 laps at 200 meters per lap)
Total Time: 01:08:33.46
Average Lap Time: 3:15.88
Fastest Lap Time: 2:54.86 (Lap 1)
Slowest Lap Time: 3:22.93 (Lap 17)

I feel better today. It's great to be back in the open water!
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 am

Hey Swim, good job!
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks Vin! I plan to keep it up to prepare for my event on August 1st in New York City
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Kenpo X today to burn calories and get that cardio in. Haven't decided what I'm doing tomorrow yet, but I want to try a combination of things.
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim
OpenWaterSwim

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:48 pm

I have a blue belt in AKKA Chinese Kenpo, but I have never heard of Kenpo X.
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Haha, that's cool! "Kenpo X" is just the name of the P90X workout with a lot of punches and kicks. I don't think it's a real style or form, haha.

I took Tae Kwon Do as a kid, but then my mom thought it was too expensive to let me take the test for yellow belt. And then she wondered why I quit.... Razz
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Today was 40 min or so of shoulder and bicep exercises with weights. I can't wait to get to my new house so I can finally buy a new set of weights and upgrade my workouts. Since these things take time, the lighter weights I use now aren't so bad, but I'm looking forward to getting back to my best lifting conditions from college. Very Happy

Also did abs/core.
Back to top Go down
peacelovesunny
God
God
peacelovesunny

Silver Dollars : 5997
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:44 am

YAY VIN!!!

When I get settled down I'm going to start running on the tredmill again!
Back to top Go down
VinHikaru
God
God
VinHikaru

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Alright, Peace! Razz

Today was a really intense day of plyometrics. A lot of squats and jumps and lunges and cardio...it was good. Tomorrow I'll probably take it easier....yoga or break or a light jog. We'll see!
Back to top Go down
droolybear
General
General
droolybear

Silver Dollars : 5258
Kudos : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:06 am

45 min of cardio followed by weights - legs today! i have a gnarly knee injury that kinda slows me down, but i'm hoping working out again will help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Exercise Thread   The Exercise Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Exercise Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next