You give me a cookie, I'll give you a cookie
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Welcome to the Cookie Mobster's forum. Please sign in, post on our forums, join us in the chat, or even get initiated into the clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan led by Italian_Boy1Up and aHERDofGNOMES

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebookYoutubeTwitter
Cookies have disbanded, please contact Italian_Boy1Up at theheartbreakers.tk or cakelair.net for more information.

Must-read/Must-watch list

Go down 
+9
xEzekielHaruno
aHERDofGNOMES
VinHikaru
neoitvaluocsol
Luminae
theresabby
ClaudiaTheGreat
peacelovesunny
Italian_Boy1Up
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Must-read/Must-watch list Empty
PostSubject: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 am

I'm not much of an anime/manga buff, which means that anything I DO read/watch must be amazing and you should run out and buy it.

Here's my little list of anime and manga treasures - feel free to add your own!
(by the by, I suck at synopsis, so don't judge it on what I write!)
MANGA:
Death Note - If you don't know what Death Note is, then there's no hope for you. Amazing art coupled with amazing writing = amazing manga.

Bleach - Ditto above.

Ororon - Really odd art style, but that's why I love it! Nice demon/angel story.

ANIME:

Paprika - an anime movie. A machine that allows you to manipulate dreams is stolen, causing widespread havoc. Nice twists, colourful and enchanting, really draws you in, although you'll have to watch it a few times to understand everything haha.

Tokyo Godfathers - another movie. A baby is abandoned at Christmas, and is discovered by three homeless friends, who endevour to find the parents. Really touching, really interesting, and really funny!

Spirited Away - production by Studio Ghibli (pretty much anything they do is amazing). You MUST of heard of this. A anime movie in which a young girl is thrown into a world of fantasy as she tries to save her parents from their fate and escape. Really cute, but quite long, so if you have a poor attention span...well, good luck ;D

The Cat's Return - another Studio Ghibli production. A young girl saves the prince of the Cats, and is expected to marry him. Such a great movie, not as lame as it sounds, really funny and really well done.

Howl's Moving Castle - possibly my favourite out of Studio Ghibli's work. I can't even begin to describe this one, another one of those which you MUST have heard of it. Absolutely incredible.
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Silver Dollars : 8565
Kudos : 143

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 am

Never heard of Tokyo Godfathers, but the rest of those are excellent. You should really watch the Death Note Anime though, it brings a whole new meaning to epic. The music and the voice actors are just amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookiemobsters.com
peacelovesunny
God
God
peacelovesunny

Silver Dollars : 6005
Kudos : 18

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:01 am

I dont watch anime but my hubby is obsessed with naruto and from time to time I find it intressting lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 am

peacelovesunny wrote:
I dont watch anime but my hubby is obsessed with naruto and from time to time I find it intressting lol Very Happy

I stopped watched Naruto after I started Shippuden; I missed the old Shikamaru too much haha
Back to top Go down
ClaudiaTheGreat
ClaudiaTheGreat

Silver Dollars : 5400
Kudos : 11

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 am

No love for DBZ? lol I have never watched anything else... but now that I see this list I want to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

ClaudiaTheGreat wrote:
No love for DBZ? lol I have never watched anything else... but now that I see this list I want to check them out.

If you liked DBZ do yourself a favor and watch Naruto and Yu Yu Hakusho. Naruto is a little more complex than DBZ and the characters aren't super over powered. Yu Yu Hakusho after the 1st season will feel very DBZ like to you, I guarantee it lol. Death Note and Code Geass are fantastic series too, but are more drama/psychological than action. Code Geass is like a mixture of Death Note meets Gundam lol.
Back to top Go down
ClaudiaTheGreat
ClaudiaTheGreat

Silver Dollars : 5400
Kudos : 11

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 pm

I will totally check them out. I found Naruto on my favorite site and I want to share the site. hulu.com I don't have any tv channels so I tend to just get seasons (when they are available) or good 'ol hulu. I didn't look out for the other ones mentioned yet but it looks like there are a lot of Naruto episodes to keep me busy.

[edit] My link didn't work the first time & just to drop another site for getting episodes & seasons . demonoid.com Demonoid requires registration though but if you want an invite code let me know.

Last edited by ClaudiaTheGreat on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm

ClaudiaTheGreat wrote:
I will totally check them out. I found Naruto on my favorite site and I want to share the site. [url=hulu.com]hulu.com[/url] I don't have any tv channels so I tend to just get seasons (when they are available) or good 'ol hulu. I didn't look out for the other ones mentioned yet but it looks like there are a lot of Naruto episodes to keep me busy.

Oh yeah, Naruto will keep you plenty busy lol. If you have the hard drive space for it, you can actually download all the English dubbed episodes. I have a 1TB hard drive, so I've filled it with many various tv shows lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 pm

I watch anime over at animecrazy.net but there English subbed. One Piece is one of my favorites and Fairy Tail kinda looks like it. Its a new anime.
Back to top Go down
theresabby
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
theresabby

Silver Dollars : 5288
Kudos : 1

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 am

Ill have to say Im not into anime whatsoever but love DBZ for years, i have all the seasons and still watch to this day Very Happy
It reminds me of when i was younger. My bf likes Bleach a lot but I just dont find it interesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:50 am

haha I used to watch this really only anime called Monster Rancher based on a game series of the same title. It was ridiculously cheesy (example quote: "The goodies ALWAYS win! Yeah!" every. five. minutes) but I loved the monsters in it ;] Also digimon was MUCH cooler than Pokémon but it wasn't on half as much so I never got to finish watching it ;^;
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:20 am

bblowup wrote:
haha I used to watch this really only anime called Monster Rancher based on a game series of the same title. It was ridiculously cheesy (example quote: "The goodies ALWAYS win! Yeah!" every. five. minutes) but I loved the monsters in it ;] Also digimon was MUCH cooler than Pokémon but it wasn't on half as much so I never got to finish watching it ;^;

Bwahaha I loved Monster Rancher. The games and the Anime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:31 am

Italian_Boy1Up wrote:
bblowup wrote:

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. Although I only have MR2 (which is MR1 here) but I've played it to death haha. The anime was ridiculously cheesy though, you have to admit ;D
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 am

bblowup wrote:
Italian_Boy1Up wrote:
bblowup wrote:

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. Although I only have MR2 (which is MR1 here) but I've played it to death haha. The anime was ridiculously cheesy though, you have to admit ;D

Lol nah, I had some friends in elementary that watched it too. And my cousins used to play the games. There's actually a new game coming out for the DS. It's been out in Japan for awhile, it's hitting the US in March I think.
Back to top Go down
Luminae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Luminae

Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm days late but I said I'd come spam these awesome threads in the chat so here I am doing just that =P

I too suck at giving a good synopsis, so just pretend I did a good job to make me feel better.

Must Watch List
Code Geass - Like Italian said its Death Note meets Gundam. Two other must-watch series mind you, so what more could one ask for? There's 2 seasons I believe, both are unbelievable and packed with incredibly sad moments. Despite that its an excellent series, outstanding storyline, dynamic characters and everything was played out so perfectly. This is my bias opinion of course. [[=

Death Note - I've never read the manga, but I'm sure its as great if not better than the anime.

Full Metal Alchemist (second season might be in the process of being dubbed, idk but its out)

Gundam Wing - The first Gundam series I saw (I later watched G Gundam, 00, 0081 and whatever else). But IMO this one was the best and ooh it comes with a movie called Endless Waltz lol. And to keep this from getting long I'm just going to list a few more because I'm not really telling you anything about the shows anyway lol.

Trigun
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu? (simply because it has its serious moments but is mostly enjoyable and good for a laugh)

BB, I LOVE Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. So simply because they're by the same person I think you should watch Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service and Grave of Fireflies as well... The third one is insanely sad, but the first two are enjoyable. I have them all on DVD lol.

Monster Rancher was also awesome I still have MR 1, 2 and 3 and am kinda in the mood to play 'em now. I was so sad when my Phoenix died Dx Speaking of monsters I loved Digimon too, Gatoman was too adorable.

And another anime/game series I like (which also has a manga series) is Dot Hack. Interesting because its an anime about a MMORPG that was putting people into comas IRL. There was a reason behind it, but I mean if I got put into a coma by a game, came out of it, didn't remember but my friends told me....well, I wouldn't go and play it again -_-;; Fun game too lol.
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 pm

Luminae wrote:
I'm days late but I said I'd come spam these awesome threads in the chat so here I am doing just that =P

I too suck at giving a good synopsis, so just pretend I did a good job to make me feel better.

Must Watch List
Code Geass - Like Italian said its Death Note meets Gundam. Two other must-watch series mind you, so what more could one ask for? There's 2 seasons I believe, both are unbelievable and packed with incredibly sad moments. Despite that its an excellent series, outstanding storyline, dynamic characters and everything was played out so perfectly. This is my bias opinion of course. [[=

Death Note - I've never read the manga, but I'm sure its as great if not better than the anime.

Full Metal Alchemist (second season might be in the process of being dubbed, idk but its out)

Gundam Wing - The first Gundam series I saw (I later watched G Gundam, 00, 0081 and whatever else). But IMO this one was the best and ooh it comes with a movie called Endless Waltz lol. And to keep this from getting long I'm just going to list a few more because I'm not really telling you anything about the shows anyway lol.

Trigun
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu? (simply because it has its serious moments but is mostly enjoyable and good for a laugh)

BB, I LOVE Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. So simply because they're by the same person I think you should watch Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service and Grave of Fireflies as well... The third one is insanely sad, but the first two are enjoyable. I have them all on DVD lol.

Monster Rancher was also awesome I still have MR 1, 2 and 3 and am kinda in the mood to play 'em now. I was so sad when my Phoenix died Dx Speaking of monsters I loved Digimon too, Gatoman was too adorable.

And another anime/game series I like (which also has a manga series) is Dot Hack. Interesting because its an anime about a MMORPG that was putting people into comas IRL. There was a reason behind it, but I mean if I got put into a coma by a game, came out of it, didn't remember but my friends told me....well, I wouldn't go and play it again -_-;; Fun game too lol.

Haha lame, I've already seen all those lmao. Full Metal Alchemist is actually done, but they restarted a new version that is closer to the manga called the brotherhood. I think that one might be in the second season. I watched the original series all the way through (It's truly a masterpiece), but I haven't started watching brother hood yet. Brotherhood is basically the Full Metal equivilent to DBZ's dragon ball kai if that helps haha. Just a entirely redone series that's closer to the manga.
Back to top Go down
Luminae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Luminae

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 pm

YES that's what it is, the closer to the manga version. I just call it a second season to avoid confusion lol. Aren't there new episodes of InuYasha (for God knows what reason, there's too many already although I love the little puppy) too? Or I'm thinking of something else. Anyway! Let's see what else I can recommend for you lol, I was just naming ones that I think plenty of people would enjoy.

Elfen Lied
Gantz
Es Otherwise
Get Backers
Kyo Kara Maoh!
Zoids (I'm sure you've seen this though)
The Melancholy Days of Haruhi Sazuya (I think that's all spelled right)
Ouran High School Host Club

Cromartie Highscool (random, seriously pointless humor but it amused me lol)

Girly Ones.
Pretear (reminiscent of sailor moon slightly, but not nearly as long)
Princess Tutu
Midori Days

If you've seen these I'm gonna keep naming till I name stuff you haven't seen. >:3
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 am

Luminae wrote:
YES that's what it is, the closer to the manga version. I just call it a second season to avoid confusion lol. Aren't there new episodes of InuYasha (for God knows what reason, there's too many already although I love the little puppy) too? Or I'm thinking of something else. Anyway! Let's see what else I can recommend for you lol, I was just naming ones that I think plenty of people would enjoy.

Elfen Lied
Gantz
Es Otherwise
Get Backers
Kyo Kara Maoh!
Zoids (I'm sure you've seen this though)
The Melancholy Days of Haruhi Sazuya (I think that's all spelled right)
Ouran High School Host Club

Cromartie Highscool (random, seriously pointless humor but it amused me lol)

Girly Ones.
Pretear (reminiscent of sailor moon slightly, but not nearly as long)
Princess Tutu
Midori Days

If you've seen these I'm gonna keep naming till I name stuff you haven't seen. >:3

Haha well you get an A for effort. I think I've only seen a little bit of Princess Tutu and I've seen all of the only two Zoids series I know of. (Zoids is pretty awesome mwahaha). I've heard Gantz is good, I may check that out. Ouran High School looked a little too gay for e though bwahaha. And I'm pretty sure they're done with Inuyasha. If they didn't finish the anime, I don't think it's going to be finished because whoever makes the anime lost the license I think. I've only seen the first season of Inuyasha though, so I don't know for sure. I'm just going off what my friends have told me (They all love Inuyasha).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am

Inuyasha was my first ever manga haha...And I forgot to mention Battle Angel Alita, that is an AMAZING manga.
Back to top Go down
neoitvaluocsol
Ensign
Ensign
neoitvaluocsol

Silver Dollars : 5331
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 pm

hmmm howls moving castle was ok imo... I dunno I was expecting a cooler male character and he just didn't deliver.... but i love the rest of that guys stuffs (spirited awa,y mononoke hime, TOTORO!!(omg love totoro), kiki's deliver service, castle in the sky, to name a few).

I tend to like dark stuff or really funny shojo stuff, and love a good gender bender

As for anime series:
Ouran High Host club
Trigun
Hellsing
Lucky Star - random slice of life.. omg greatness
Melancholy of suzumi haruhi
XXXholic- no not porn, it's about people with addictions and stuff "xxx" in japanese is like x the variable in english
This pastry anime, something Patissiere

For comics:
Deathnote
Clover(my favorite comic Smile )
Pretty Girl
Zettai Kareshi(absolute boyfriend)
Fairy Tale
Bakuman
Back to top Go down
Luminae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Luminae

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Hmm I've watched a yaoi (minor ones, more extreme ones) here and there, not sure if anyone else would want to watch them though. Junjou Romantica is just totally adorable; male/male FYI, not explicit. And er... Gravitation, a little too loud for me at times but I look more at the relationships between the characters in these.

@Italian: I think I watch parts of Princess Tutu every time its on the Anime Network... like it is now lol. And yes Gantz is...enjoyable? Nudity, violence, a lot of gore..I love it =P As far as Inuyasha, like I said I'm not sure. My friend was mentioning it to me a while ago and I've yet to look into it. I love it and all but as long as it already is I don't think I could watch anymore episodes. (Who am I kidding? Of course I can.)

@Neo: I realize I completely fudged up the name in my post, but you listed one I have too -- The Melancholy of Suzumi Haruhi. I always spell her name all kinds of wrong. I'm gonna watch xxxholic online, I never knew what it was about till now lol. And I LOVE Ouran! I think I might watch it over again. Sigh.

Get Backers is also a good one, I've yet to see the entire thing I think but its certainly worth watching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Luminae wrote:
Hmm I've watched a yaoi (minor ones, more extreme ones) here and there, not sure if anyone else would want to watch them though.

I was forced to watch Sensitive Pornograph. Now THAT was an experience.
Back to top Go down
Luminae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Luminae

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

OMG, I SAW THAT LOL. An online friend of mine lovesss yaoi, and I told her I was watching JR. So she suggested Sensitive Pornograph and Kiss Papa in the Dark. First off it was like searching for pirate treasure to find the flippin thing, but when I finally did I was just like D=.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching it anyway. Ahh, but you should watch Junjou Romantica. Much softer, totally adorable story about several guys in different relationships though the characters are linked in minor ways. Two seasons, 12 or 13 episodes each.

My mother came home one day while I was watching it on the PS3 and saw one guy leap on the other one and snuggle him into the bed... She was so confused. [[=
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 pm

yaoi is so gross lol my best friend is gay and he doesn't even like yaoi lol. Something about little boy on little boy action just isn't appealing in the least. Oh and if you haven't seen it watch The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuo. That Anime is flippin sweet. It's another one that has a Death Note meets something else feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Luminae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Luminae

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:11 am

Lmao, I'd feel like a pedo if they were underage animated boys. But they aren't, they're mature men so I don't mind, besides like I said I find the relationships adorable. I'm a sucker for love and some of them are just so fluffy and cute. So shoot me lol.

I used to collect the Newtype magazines so I saw an episode of the Count of Monte Cristo on one of the free discs. That's the one where its like they move across the fabric/pattern of their clothes and whatnot? The unique style caught my attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must-read/Must-watch list   Must-read/Must-watch list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must-read/Must-watch list
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next